Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Possible is in Impossible

Tomorrow morning I have to present my e-portfolio to the student teachers that have been completing their practicum at my school. Now, when I had to do this e-portfolio it was the last thing I cared about and I dreaded having to present it to my own peers. The funny thing is, I ended up having to present it again for my university's staff and it was filmed for future use (supposedly). Where is it now is what I want to know... hah!

Having to give this presentation tomorrow made me go back and look at the project I had put together and although I did not value it at the time, I have found a lot of value in it now. Going back and rereading my educational philosophy and the lesson plans I put together early on... wow! I can say fundamentally still the same teacher, but boy can I see growth in where I was and where I am now. There was also a lot of passion in the job itself and the role we play in student's lives. It is so easy to lose sight of why we are in this. There are so many outside factors that put pressure on the teacher and take the joy out of teaching. I never want to be at that point!

When I made the e-portfolio I was setting out to make the impossible possible to children. I think that serves as a pretty great reminder that even on the roughest day, the days lessons do not go quite as planned, or that anchor chart does not look as perfect as you want it, there is still a kid out there that you have impacted. We are in this to get those kids to love learning and to want to be life-long learners. Lets not forget that. It's a biggie.

Just for kicks... my e-portfolio everyone. I'll leave that there for a reminder that yea... we get to teach kids from all different backgrounds everyday and we get to make an impact on their love and yearning to learn. We all started somewhere in our teaching careers. This is where my journey began.

My E-Portfolio



No comments:

Post a Comment